This web site is owned and operated by Bridge Marine.
If you have any suggestions or comments or if you need to contact us, please email us using the link on the store page or use the details below.
|Our Contact details|
Bridge Marine, Thames Meadow, Shepperton, Middlesex, TW17 8LT, UK.
|TERMS OF BUSINESS|
1. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control (such as extreme weather conditions, the actions of third parties not employed by us or latent defects): this includes the loss or damage to vessels, gear, equipment or other goods left with us for repair or storage, and harm to persons entering the premises and/or using facilities or equipment. Customers should ensure that there own personal and property insurance covers such risks.
2. Customers may themselves be liable for any loss or damage caused by them, their crew or their vessel, gear, equipment or other goods are left with us at the customer’s own risk; the customer should maintain insurance also cover third party liability of at least £1,000.000.
|2. PRICES AND ESTIMATES|
1. In the absence of express agreement to the contrary our price for work shall be based on time and materials expended and services provided.
2. When we give an estimate or indication of price – in writing or orally – we will exercise skill and judgement in doing so. Such estimates are subject always to the accuracy of information provided by the customer and are usually based only on superficial examination and will not include the cost of any additional repairs or work found necessary to the vessel and/or gear or equipment during the work not the cost of any extensions to the comprised in the estimate.
3. We will inform the customer promptly of any proposed increase in the estimate prices and the reason therefore and will only proceed with the work with the approval of the customer. In those circumstances the customer’s liability for any work already completed or goods supplied or to be supplied shall be unaffected.
The time for completion of our work is given in good faith but is not a guarantee. We shall not be responsible for any delay in completion of the work or for consequences of any such delay unless it arises from our wilful acts or omissions or from our negligence.
|4. VESSEL MOVEMENTS|
We reserve the right to move any vessel, gear, equipment or other goods at our discretion for reasons of safety or good management.
1. Vessels stored ashore will be launched so as to avoid moving other vessels for this purpose and also so as to make the most economical use of the facilities at our disposal. At the owners request we will if possible, launch his/her vessel at any time during working hours, given reasonable notice.
|5. MOORING AND STORAGE|
All mooring or storage charges are due monthly in advance and no refunds will be given.
Mooring or storage paid in advance can however be credited to a new owner if the vessel on which the charges have been paid is sold on the premises.
|6. SALES AND MAINTENANCE|
In the absence of any written instructions or agreement in writing to the contrary the care and maintenance of all vessels stored on site at Bridge Marine is the responsibility of the owners.
1. Subject to any agreement to the contrary all vessels sold on the premises will be subject to the standard rate of commission ruling at the date of sale.
1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing the payment for work, goods and services shall be due immediately on invoice date, and before vessels are removed from the premises.
2. Pending receipt of payment in full without set off or deduction we reserve the right to change interest on any sums outstanding after 30 days at 4% over Barclays Bank PLC base rate. With a minimum of 8%, an administration charge of £50 and any third party collection costs
3. We have the right to keep hold of a vessel, it’s gear and equipment and any other goods on which we have worked or in respect of which we have provided services pending payment in full of all sums due to us in respect of the provision of any such work or services. During any such period of retention we reserve the right to continue to charge for storage, hard standing and berthing at our usual commercial rates.
1. Nothing in these terms affects the statutory rights of any customer with us as a consumer.
2. We guarantee our work for period of 12 months from completion against all defects, which are due to poor workmanship or defective materials supplied by us. We shall be liable under this guarantee only for defects appearing during this 12 months period, which must be promptly notified, to us in writing.
3. On notification by the customer of such defects, we will investigate the cause and if they are our responsibility under the terms of this guarantee we will promptly remedy them or, at our opinion, employ other specialist’s contractors to do so.
4. Any remedial work which is put in hand by the customer other than through ourselves in accordance with the terms of this guarantee in respect of such defects if we are not advised beforehand and given the opportunity to inspect and agree such work and it’s cost.
5. Where we supply goods or services to a customer in the course of his business:
a. No such goods or services shall carry any express or implied term as to quality or fitness for any particular purpose unless to the supply the customer has sufficiently explained the purpose for which it is required and made it clear that he is relying on our skill and judgement.
b. No proprietary article specified by name, size or type by business customer shall carry any such express or implied term but we will assign to the customer any rights we may have against the manufacturer or importer of that article.
c. In no event do we accept liability to a business customer for consequential damage beyond replacement of any faulty or unsuitable article supplied by us.
|9. QUALITY STANDARDS|
We will complete our work to the agreed specification and, in the absence of any other contractual term as to quality, to a satisfactory quality.
|10. ACCESS TO PREMISES / WORK ON THE VESSEL|
1. Subject to paragraph 2 of this clause no work shall be done on the vessel, gear, equipment or other goods with on our premises without our prior written consent other than minor running repairs or minor maintenance of a routine nature by the customer, his regular crew or members of his family not causing nuisance, or annoyance to any other customer or persons resulting in the vicinity, not interfering with our schedule of work, nor involving access to prohibited areas.
2. Prior written consent will not be unreasonably withheld where:
a. The work is of a type for which we would normally employ a specialist subcontractor, or
b. The work is being carried out under warranty by the manufacturer and/or supplied of the vessel or any part of the equipment to which the warranty relates.
c. Notwithstanding the foregoing, during periods of work by us on the vessel, neither the customer nor his invitees shall have access to the vessel without prior consent, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld. In the event of such access being permitted, it will be at the customer’s own risk.
|11. RIGHT OF SALE|
Where we accept vessels, gear, equipment or other goods for repair, refit, maintenance or storage we do so subject to the provisions of the Torts (Interference with Goods Act 1977).
The Act confers a right of sale on us in circumstances where the customer fails to collect or accept re-delivery of the goods after all debt is cleared in FULL. (Which includes a vessel and/or any other property)
1. Goods for repair or other treatment are accepted by us on the basis that the customer is the owner of the goods or the owner’s authorised agent and that he will take delivery or arrange collection when the repair or treatment has been carried out:
2. Our obligation as custodian of goods accepted for storage ends on our notice to the customer of termination of that obligation
3. The place for delivery and collection of goods shall be at our premises at Bridge Marine unless agreed otherwise.
4. In certain other circumstances we may be entitled to have vessels or goods sold through the court for non-payment of invoices. After 3 consecutive months of non payment of invoices, Bridge Marine holds the right & will start proceedings to recover monies outstanding which can involve sale of the vessel to recover all monies outstanding.
We may sub-contract all or part of the work entrusted to us by the customer, on terms that any such sub-contractor shall have the protection and benefit of all rights and conditions, and of all limitations and exclusions of liability, contained in these Terms of Business
|13. ANCILLARY PROVISIONS|
If any provision to these Terms of Business is deemed for any reason to be invalid, void or deleted, the Terms of Business shall nonetheless remain in full force and effect as if such Provision had not originally been included.
In such circumstances, the customer and we shall negotiate in good faith in order to agree the terms of a mutually acceptable and Satisfactory alternative provision. Notices to a customer shall be deemed to be sufficiently served if sent by first class post to the customer’s last known address. Notices to us should be sent by first class post to our Principle trading address.
These terms are subject to English law and any dispute arising under them shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
|Making A Purchase|
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our store, and add any items that you wish to buy into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on ‘Checkout’ and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to complete the order. We accept card payments. If you are shopping from North America or anywhere else, place your order and your card company will convert the transaction to UK sterling or your own currency.We currently only accept Pay Pal or card payments taken over the phone. We do not charge for any item until it is ready to ship. Backordered items are not charged until they are shipped. If you do not wish to pay online, you may send your card information via phone, fax or by post.
If you have made a mistake in your order and cannot correct it in the shopping cart, contact us and we will correct the mistake.
When confirmation of your order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order, and hence a contract between us, when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, we have inadvertently under-priced goods, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
|Shipping And Handling|
Orders placed before 2pm will be shipped by courier for next working day delivery to mainland UK and Isle of Wight, if the items are in stock at our warehouses. Items not in stock will usually be delivered within 5-10 working days. Should items take longer than 10 working days, we will notify you with the option to cancel your order. Boats and bulky items are excluded from the above and we ask that you contact us for a delivery price.Items sent to UK Isles and Scottish Highlands will usually be delivered within 2-3 working days from dispatch.
Items sent to European destinations will be delivered usually within 3-7 working days from dispatch. – Please contact us for European and World Wide Shipping Prices prior to order : firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work out costs.
Small, lightweight Items eligible for the 2nd class post service will be delivered usually within 2-3 working days but at customers’ own risk as this is an uninsured service – but there is an option to upgrade to our courier service at an additional cost.
All timescales are approximate.
We will deliver your order right away if the items are in stock.
International orders are generally received in under 7 days. You must inform us within two working days if the goods are lost or damaged in transit.
Please quote your order number in all correspondence. You agree that proof of delivery supplied by our delivery company is sufficient evidence to establish that goods have been received.
If your item is not in stock, we will back order for you. You will always be emailed with the option to cancel your order if you would rather not wait.
For orders made from the UK or the European Union, 20.00% VAT is added. All other orders are VAT free.
|Credit Card Security|
When the order is placed at our website, credit card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
We guarantee your satisfaction. All Products are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.>
If you need to reach us, please email us using the link on the store page,
alternatively, you can call on 01932245126
or you can write to us at Bridge Marine, Thames Meadow, Shepperton, Middlesex. TW17 8LT UK
1. Take and fulfil customer orders.
2. Administer and enhance the site and service.
3. Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes.
|Returns Policy Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.|
Details of which can be found here:- http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm.If you are unsatisfied with your purchase and wish to return it you will be responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should take out enough postal insurance to cover their value.
This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault. Any goods returned should be in the original packaging, undamaged and in a saleable condition. These terms apply to your order. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply in the future. None of these terms affect your legal rights and these are not diminished in any way. If any term is held to be invalid under any applicable statute or rule of law, that term is automatically omitted from the terms to minimum extent necessary to comply with the law and without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder.